Today is St. George’s day and seeing as our school is named after the famous saint, I thought it would be nice to learn a bit about him!
Joke of the day: Why do dragons sleep during the day? Because they like to fight knights!
Spelling: I have set you a game on EdShed using spellings with silent letters.
Writing: Watch the story of St. George and the dragon. Can you rewrite the story with your own words in your home learning book?
Art: Try drawing your very own dragon.
Maths: I have a little St. George’s quiz for you:
- There were 10 dragons. Two fly away. How many dragons were left?
- George had 20 swords. He found 13 more. How many swords did he have altogether?
- 50 red roses grew in a field. Another 10 grew. How many red roses were there in the field?
- St. George had 31 horses. 3 of them ran away. How many horses was St George left with?
- George buys a drink for 30p. How much change would he get from £1?
- The princess had 9 maids to help her get ready. Can you write the number 9 in words?
- Each knight had two suits of armour. How many suits of armour would five knights have altogether?
- George saved one princess every day. How many princesses did he save in two weeks?
I have also set you an addition game on Edshed.
There are lots of fun home learning activities for year 2 on the BBC Bitesize website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/z7s22sg/year-2-lessons/1
Or if you’re in the dancing mood, why not try learning the dance to the Trolls song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCeo6Q3p7Mc
I hope you all keeping safe! Missing you all,