I hope you are all ready for some more home learning.
Read, Write Inc
Continue to follow the online lessons. Click on the youtube lessons.
You can find the books here
We are continuing to read ‘Here Comes Trouble’.
Read chapter 2 and answer the questions.
- Did Trudy live near the school? How do you know?
- Why did mum tell her to stay outside Mrs Willow’s house?
- What should Trudy do at the end of chapter 2?
- Which word in the chapter means the same as ‘busy’?
- Find 3 adverbs in the text.
Answers from yesterday
- Why did Trudy dread Friday afternoons? Trudy dreaded Friday afternoons as they had art. It was a disaster as Trudy was clumsy.
- How do you think she felt, when Rob made comments? Own answer, explaining why you thought that.
- Find two synonyms for ‘said’. muttered, called,
- Find an expanded noun phrase in chapter 1. wavy brown hair, two large red circles, beautiful green dragon, droopy black moustache,
- Who do you think was the most upset at the end of chapter 1? Explain why? Give your own answer and explain why.
Follow the online lesson
It can be found on BBC bitesize, Year 4, 1st May, English Reading lesson
Here are this week’s spellings
February forwards fruit grammar group
guard guide heard heart height
Make sure you have been tested on last week’s words.
Follow the lesson for Y3 4th May – Converting pounds and pence
When you have finished, mark your answers.
Green, blue, purple
Follow the lesson for Y4 4th May – multiplying
When you have finished, mark your work
We are going to find out about the Roman Gods and Goddesses. In the powerpoint, you will see some Greek Gods and Goddesses mentioned. Can you remember them, from our reading of The Iliad?
Complete a factfile about the Gods, or make a poster showing some interesting information.
Bye for now,
Miss P x