I hope you all had a lovely weekend!
Joke of the day: Why do bees have sticky hair? Because they use honeycombs!
Spellings: This week your spellings are words ending in al
Spelling rule: A few nouns (a person or thing) end in al.
Writing: Write each of the spellings in a sentence in your home learning book.
The flower growing in my garden has delicate pink petals.
Answers to the VE Day quiz:
- C. May 8th 1945
- D. They are the colours of the Union flag.
- A. Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret
- A. To spread the news and celebrate.
Answers to Friday’s quiz:
Maths: Fractions of an amount
Example: of 16
- The denominator (the bottom number) tells you how many ‘plates’ you need. In the question above the denominator is 4 so I need 4 plates:
- Now I have to share my ‘cakes’ onto the ‘plates’. In the question above, the number I need to share is 16. I always make sure I use crosses to show the ‘cakes’ as these will be easier to count.
- Finally, the numerator (top number) tells me how many ‘plates’ to count. In the question above that is 3. So I will count the crosses in 3 of the ‘plates’, which for this question is 12.
- So… of 16 = 12
Can you complete the following questions in your home learning books?
Don’t forget to look at Storyweaver for some stories to read!
I found this really good website with people reading lots of different books: https://www.storylineonline.net/ . I really liked the story called ‘Library Lion’. It’s about a grumpy man called Mr. McBee who thankfully learns a lesson! I think I’d quite like to have lion in our school’s library, especially one as cute and helpful as the one in this book!
Be good, keep learning and stay safe!