Good morning everyone. I can’t believe it is Friday again, another week that has whizzed by. I hope you are enjoying your home learning and are trying your best for your Mums, Dads and grown ups at home 🙂
Please continue to work on a reading, writing and maths activity from your learning packs.
I like you to try something different today. As you know we have been learning about animals that live in the jungle this week. Monkeys live in the jungle and I’m sure you know that monkeys like to eat bananas. I know that most of you guys love to eat bananas when is our fruit time at school. So today I want you to have a go at making a banana cake!
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 190g self raising flour
- 60ml milk
Prep: 10min › Cook: 35min › Ready in: 45min
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Stir in the flour and the milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunch topping if liked.
- Bake at 170 C / Fan 150 C / Gas 3 for 35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and enjoy!
Daily challenge 19.6.20 – Draw any picture that you would like to BUT you can only use your feet!!!
Have a lovely weekend. Stay safe 🙂