Joke of the day: What is a cat’s favourite colour? Purrrr-ple!
Spelling: Practise your spellings.
Tick or correct yesterday’s writing task:
- Last September, my Uncle Frank caught the train from Hull to Liverpool to watch Everton play against Arsenal.
- In the months of July and August the roads of Blackpool are filled with coaches from Manchester and Liverpool.
- Simon Cowell is on television every Saturday on the X Factor.
- Uncle Jason’s favourite thing to do on Saturday night is to watch Strictly Come Dancing.
Writing: Can you make these sentences more interesting by adding some adjectives to the nouns to make them noun phrases?
Remember: A noun phrase includes one noun as well as words that describe it (adjectives)
Example: The black dog barked loudly.
Can you think of any of your own sentences using noun phrases?
Tick or correct your answers from yesterdays Maths task:
To subtract two two-digit numbers
- partition the numbers into tens and ones.
- Subtract the tens (highlighted in green)
- Subtract the ones (highlighted in orange)
- Add the answers (highlighted in yellow)
Complete the following calculations using the above method:
- 65 – 32 =
- 54 – 23 =
- 28 – 15 =
- 77 – 54 =
- 46 – 13 =
- 39 – 16 =
Oak National Academy are doing some online lessons for pupils to access. For the year 2 lessons, go to: https://www.thenational.academy/online-classroom/year-2
Missing you all very much!