Parent Support

Do you need help with family matters?

Parenting isn’t an easy job and, at times, things can get tough. Like every other parent you want what is best for your child. We have a pastoral team that can support you and help you with any issue.

Parent Support Adviser (PSA)

Our Parent Support Adviser is Mrs Gillian Floate. Parent Support Advisers are there to help you deal with any worries or concerns about how your child is doing at school and if there is anything worrying you. Mrs Floate may not have all the answers, but she might be able to help you work out how to find them. Mrs Floate can offer support in the following areas:

  • Supporting where attendance is a cause for concern
  • Supporting parents to help their child get the best out of school life
  • Having regular meetings with you
  • Helping you and your child when they are starting or moving between schools
  • Helping to prevent problem behaviour becoming more difficult
  • Finding services and other agencies available to help families and making referrals to those services

OR just if you need to talk!! You can make an appointment or just pop in for a chat. Just ask at Reception.

Early Help Social Worker (EHSWKR)

We also have Miss Jo McGrath who supports families involved with services such as: Children’s Services, Social Workers, the Prison Service and Substances etc. Miss McGrath works alongside the children with Wishes and Feelings and can offer signposting and advice to families in difficult circumstances. Ask at Reception for an appointment with Jo if you feel you need some help.