Today is VE day.
VE Day – or ‘Victory in Europe Day’ – marks the day towards the end of World War Two (WW2) when fighting against Germany in Europe came to an end.
On 8 May 1945, Prime Minister Winston Churchill made an announcement on the radio at 3pm that the war in Europe had come to an end, following Germany’s surrender the day before.
You can find information here
Read the text that is the best level for you, then answer the questions.
Today is 75th anniversay of VE day.
Follow this video lesson.
Read, Write Inc
Continue to follow the online lessons. Click on the youtube lessons.
You can find the books here
Answers from yesterday
- Why was Trudy confident in the swan cure? The cold cure had worked so the swan cure might work.
- Which verbs tell us how Trudy went to school? glided, rose, stepped
- Why was Lisa upset? Her kite was stuck in a tree.
- Which words did Trudy say to make herself feel confident? I’m a swan. I’m a swan.
- Why was Trudy proud of herself? She had climbed the tree and rescued the kite without damaging it.
- What did Mrs Weston say and how did that affect Trudy? Mrs Weston told her that she looked a mess. Trudy started to feel like her old clumsy self but then remembered that it was what was inside that mattered.
Follow the lesson – multiplying and dividing by 3 7th May
Mark your work.
Green, blue and purple groups
Follow the lesson – Dividing 7th May
Mark your work
Have a good weekend.
Stay safe and stay home.
Miss P x